Green Monsters - Alcott's Environmental Club
For the 2016/2017 school year, The Green Monsters Club is led by Mrs. Curley. The Green Monsters are learning about the importance of reducing, reusing and recycling! Students in grades 4 and 5 are welcome to join. This year, along with all the schools in our district, they are exhibiting at The Cooler Concord Fair in February at CCHS. In addition to the fair, The Green Monsters will continue researching endangered animals, and finding new ways for Alcott to reduce, reuse and recycle more efficiently.
Win $1,000 for Alcott School! Come see Alcott’s Green Monsters exhibit at the Cooler Concord Fair.
Please help The Green Monsters with their exhibit!
Fill out this brief survey https://goo.gl/forms/HZpYq8OPAIzHUF562 by Friday, January 20th on how your family uses energy. Survey results and a short video created by The Green Monsters will be displayed at the Cooler Concord Fair on February 4, 2017 from 10AM-4PM, at CCHS.
Our school can win up to $1,000 if enough parents attend! Students from all the schools have been working hard on their exhibits. We hope you will come and see ours!
Here is how we can win the $1000 for Alcott:
- If 37 Alcott families attend the Cooler Concord Fair, we can win $250;
- If 74 families attend, we will be awarded $500.
- We can win another $500 if these families take simple actions to save energy and money. An easy to use tool will help Fair attendees prioritize what makes sense for their family.
Save the date: February 4th @CCHS!
The Cooler Concord Fair! A fun event to help families save energy and money. RSVP TODAY at www.coolerconcord.org.
The Green Monsters are always looking for more members! If your child is interested and in 4th or 5th grade, the next meeting is Tuesday, January 24, 2017 from 12:30-3:00 in Mrs. Curley's classroom. Please email Mrs. Curley for more information or if you would like to attend.
Past Green Monsters Projects
2016 Earth Day Parade Animal Puppet-Making Workshop
All students grade 3 – 5 are welcome to sign up! Class size is limited, so sign up by the deadline!
Students each design and construct their own animal puppet on a stick for the parade! We repurpose old plastic bags (and the wall covering from Monster Mash!) to stuff the puppets, then paint them. (Puppets are painted with acrylics – please make sure your child wears something that you won’t mind a little paint mishap).
- Students will walk with Green Monsters teacher and chaperone(s) to The Umbrella after school. Pick up is at The Umbrella at 5pm.
- Parents must send dismissal note for their child. On form under "Other" indicate: Puppet-Making Workshop
- Please note The Thursday Owl for specific dates and times for this year’s event.
What to Bring
- $5 Class registration fee (cash only)
- An idea of what animal you want to make -- a picture is even better! This will help you hit the ground running when class begins to ensure you can finish your puppet.
- A lite snack
Parade Puppet Gallery