This all school event, organized by Mr. Gaudreau, is a charity jog-a-thon where students obtain pledges, have 15 minutes to jog with their grade around the track at Emerson and then go back to sponsors to collect pledges.
In 2015, Alcott School raised $6,860 with 120 students returning pledge money. In the past 21 years, we have raised over $95,000 for charities including:
- Open Table (Primary recipient),
- Concord Recreation Scholarship Fund,
- Make a Wish (sent 6 year old girl to Disney World),
- Heifer International Fund,
- Children’s Room Arlington, and
- Children’s Hospital Pulmonary Unit.
Pledge checks will be made out to Alcott PTG or you can donate via PayPal below.
This is NOT a PTG fundraiser. 100% of the funds raised go to the charities.
Please look for information, including the date and times in The Thursday Owl. Pledge forms will be sent home in your student’s backpack a couple of weeks before the event.
Thank you, Tim Gaudreau, Alcott PE Teacher